Monday, January 20, 2014

Stop criticizing and start approving!

I've been seeing a lot of posts lately on my Instagram page of beautiful females with captions stating "Sorry, I'm bloated today." "I had a cheat meal, sorry for my bloat." "I apologize if this isn't what you wanted to see" ....

LADIES....STOP IT! 

No one is perfect, AND I can guarantee you that even if there was a "perfect" body that body would not look that way 365 days a year! I know what you're going through. I've lived through an eating disorder. I've hated what I saw, and I did all the things you're not suppose to do to change it. Eating disorders (or disordered eating) and body image disorders are female steroids. No one wants to admit to them because then you can't "claim" the "perfection" that you think comes with it. Once you stop apologizing to others for the way you look, or see yourself, only then can you start to see yourself in a new light. I could tell you that 99% of women with eating disorders wish they didn't have it. It's not something anyone wants to live with forever. Find someone to talk to, someone willing to listen. If you have someone in your life (physically or virtually) that you feel the need to apologize to for how you look, then you should probably re-evaluate why they are in your life and if they truly need to be. 






If only it were as easy, as I just made it sound...*sigh*

No comments:

Post a Comment